studio size?

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by P'Cola-Roy, May 1, 2007.

1. I am going to partition off my garage. Everything that I do has to be reversible, so I don't intend on removing my garage door or anything else.

I can make the room 9'6" by 15'. I have found some booms to mount on the walls and ceiling to hold lights to save room. Is it worth the effort to try to utilize a room this size? If it is big enough I would love to be able to leave my lights and BG up permanently. It would definately mean more pictures would be taken.

Any ideas and suggestions for the room/studio welcome.

2. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Hi Roy, thanks for posting, I am in the same boat er, garage. Difference is, if I can't remove my gear from the main house, I may have to live there too, so mine would be a permanent fix :)

Just don't know if that size would be suitable for more than just 1-2 individuals at a time.

Stephanie

3. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I think that space is perfectly useable. Height is more important in many ways - I wish I had 12 ft ceilings. My 'studio' is about 12x12 and I struggle to get full length. Your additional 3' will be very useful.

4. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Thanks. I will proceed full steam ahead with my petition to have my own space :)

5. Thanks John.

6. I think John and I are the same person. Ceiling height is much more important that floor size. Distance can be limiting but height can be crippling.

7. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    hey Roy

Look for a roll out canvas awning to increase your shooting space with the garage door open? maybe might add some space, could work?
    Just a thought...

8. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Ha ha! Either that, or I have been reading YOUR advice for too long :biggrin: :biggrin:

9. Well I may be crippled then!:Depressed

10. I plan on adding one of those freestanding AC units and carpet, so it has to be a solid wall. I'm going to do it right. Even plan on pre-wiring for the wired AB 4 channel remote.