Studio test shots with Canvas BG

Discussion in 'People' started by Joe Marques, Apr 23, 2005.

1. I received a very special delivery this week -a hand painted canvas background that I ordered from www.backgroundsbymaheu.com. All I can say is Canvas is King. :)  I'm very happy with the quality and artistry of this background. This is EXACTLY the color blend I have craved since I started with studio lights.

Here are my first test shots. The skin tone was warmed using Velvia Vision (Fred Miranda plug in).

D2H and 50 1.4D - 1 Elinchrom 600RX camera right with a 36x48 Chimera SB.
    original.
    View attachment 7699
    View attachment 7700

Thanks for looking. Comments always welcome.

2. I agree, that background looks good. Lighting is nice n soft too.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Joe,

Every one of his poses are great. The first one looks very devilish.

And two great smiles.

4. Joe,

There would be nothing to be gained by taking your boy to have his portrait taken at a pro studio, methinks. He's very photogenic (as is his sister), and you did very well there, sir!

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great Joe - the color completely compliments this style I've seen you often use!

7. Joe, this is good news from someone who has proven he loves studio work, and your photos are the proof of it!
    But I have to agree with Paul, ..., if you're going to show us the hand-painted bg, pleease take a clear shot of it :lol: :wink:

8. I always look forward to your studio shots and these are fantastic, the canvas looks great I look forward to some more real soon

9. Hey Joe, so good to see another post by you. Always love your family shots. By the way your background looks really good and is a nice addition to your stable of equipment.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Joe. I had hoped to set up a little studio in my house but so far haven't been able to find the space for it. Is this background portable (i.e., can it be taken down and stored)? If so, how big is it (both open and stored)?

Nice shots too BTW.

Regards,

Frank

11. Great shots Joe!! :)  :)  :) 

12. very nice, Joe, very photogenic boy... and I love the twinkle in his eye in #1

13. Thanks for the comments mike.

14. Thanks very much Gale. It was a real treat to finally get my son captured as I know him vs. his typical "why am I standing with this light in my eyes" look. :D 

15. Quite a nice compliment Philippe, much appreciated.

16. Thanks Chris. I think I really hit a home run selecting this bg. Can't wait to use it in a more formal portrait with perhaps period clothing from the 30's (kids in knickers and caps).

17. Thank you Panos. If you want to see the entire BG you'll have to send me $1 via paypal. :lol: 8)

18. Thanks very much Mike. BTW, I've seen your typically stellar work around here and DPR (some birds most recently). Sorry I haven't commented. I'm SO busy at work I barely have time to post lately.

19. Thank you very much Gordon. Always appreciate your comments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.