Studio Walls/Ceiling color???

Just about to put up drywall in my new painting studio/woodworking shop. I'll be doing a good bit of photographing of paintings and drawings there with an eye toward color accuracy relevant to repro work. I'm assuming the walls/ceiling should be white as to provide maximum reflected light but is there any certain shade/variation of white that's better for this application than others? ...any certain brand name/shade of white paint that's preferred amongst photographers for studios??

Thanks.

well....no white. You want to control light with your equipment , not have to work around the reflection of white caused by ceilings and walls.

But....in a WW shop..you want white everywhere, so as to provide the light you need to work in.

What I would suggest is partitons. Movable or fixed... to seperate the environments.
If your doing Woodworking....every single speck of wood dust is going to be your enemy.
Now is the time if your framing is still exposed.

at 14' x 24', it's too small for partitions in a studio where larger canvasses are the norm....one has to step back about 15 or 20 feet every couple of brushstrokes to establish good compositions and avoid over detailing isolated areas. The wood working here is mostly just an adjunct to the paintings (frames/panels/etc) so I think I can make the grey wall compromise work. Thanks again...

Latest threads

Top Bottom