Stuff from Bear Point...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Jul 14, 2005.

1. shot with the D2H, 300 f2.8 and 1.4x on a monopod.

I think I cropped too much on this one:
    original.

while trying to get a shot of the osprey with a fish, my sister kept calling me on this one, but I turned around too late:
    original.

this kid was getting bait fish:
    original.
    original.
    original.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harris,

The first may be a tad too cropped, but to be honest, I wouldn't have noticed anything if you hadn't mentioned it. 8)

Nice shots.

3. Harris, what kind of fish is that in #1, a hatchet fish? That's really a unique shot. The net fisherman shots are pretty cool too! :)

4. Harris,

That first one's unique. It's an osprey with a matching fish :) :). I like the action shots with the net too!

5. Harris, I hate you, without a doubt, just pure unadulterated green-with-envy jealousy, blood boiling and everything :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, that is cool. So, if you think you cropped too much, how about showing us the lousy Full Frame image so we can make up our own minds, eh :?: :?: :?: :?:

I am planning, if it doesn't rain, to head off to a little place here called Jetty Island where they have 25 active Osprey nests on Saturday. If I can't get a decent Osprey shot there, I think I'll emulate a Golfer and start throwing my clubs in the drink :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, just think how bad a shot that would have been if you had a decent long lens instead of that wimply 300mm :wink:

( walking off now shaking my head in wonder..... )

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Very nice series
    Makes me wanna got out and find some Raptors, well guess I'm gonna have to wait for the sun to come up :)

7. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    That is a cool osprey shot. The fish looks more like an aquarium fish than one from a lake though :)

--ricardo

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good as usual Harris.

No you did not crop to much.. Looks great.

9. Looks good cant beleive the fish he has in his talons, To bad you didnt turn a few secons earlier on the second one

10. Bill, will post the full frame shot when I can. Made a connection with a local naturalist, one of six Audobon Game Warden's in the state. He does private tours. My sister has known him for years. Also is a tracker. Can take me to see eagles, snail kites , stuff we'd never ever see on our own. So I'm arranging a group thing for the next shoot. 6 folks at a time in his boat. Lemme know if your gonna ever come on down.

11. The one with the fish was making large circles, working the wind. The other one snuckup. coulda had a full frame frontal if I moved quicker.

12. That is a great find, people like that are super, sounds a lot like the fellow we went out with on our last day in June. What are your thoughts for the next get togethers? Both Nancy and I want to get back to Florida, it is just a matter of timing now, and I won't be scheduling around the lunatic football people this time either.

By the way, keep watching, I'm going to be posting a picture of your namesake bird from Warwick Castle, England in the next few days.......

13. dunno what fish it is, but its big. Yeah, wish I had caught a better shot of him. These are ok.