Stunning And Cool CW

Meet Mr. Cedar Waxwing..not only is he stunningly beautiful from behind..but when the sun is in his face. he puts the hair up and looks like he's wearing shades!

Captured with D2X~500AFSII`TC14EII (what Else is new?)

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Really nice, Jim, really nice. I had never noticed the bits of red on their backs before.

It is quite obvious that all of your D2X problems have been resolved :lol:

Stunning shots, Jim!!! The only time I seem to see those guys around here is in the late fall or early winter, but I guess they're out there somewhere.

Thanks for sharing these great captures! :) :)

Russ

Hi Russ....

The 500 literally doesn't leave the camera unless I am:

A) selling something on ebay and need to take photos

B) shooting sunrises or sunsets...although I'm tempted to try them with the 500 and no TC!

Dennis...

Hi Dennis...

Typically, we have these birds by the boatloads in May. This year I saw them off and on all winter and then they disappeared until yesterday.

I wouldn't be at all disappointed if they stayed in large numbers all year long :)

Great captures, tough bird to shoot to as their body really has no detail, so smooooooooooth. Neat looking birds. Well done Jim. So I take it you are liking your newer X , dont want to go back to that d2h do yah. LOL

Keith

I was gonna trade with you but now that you've convinced me I like my new X better !

There are plenty of times I'd rather have an H, but everything is a compromise I suppose?

Hi Jim

These images are "Smooth as Butter" !

I have always enjoyed seeing your unique prespective on a subject matter that doesnt do much for me.

Very Nicely Done as Always :)

Regards

RFC

Stunning shots Jim!
Waxwings are pretty rare over here (Ukraine), but I managed to capture them a few times. Very spectacular birds indeed.

Igor~Chris

Hi Igor and Chris....

Igor....it is one of my most favorite birds...it'sm simply...beautiful...sings nicely and poses well!

Chris....It took me a five shots to get his head feathers in the perfect upright condition. It was up in every shot that I took, but this one just appeared perfect :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom