Stunning Paulina

Discussion in 'People' started by TCMony, Jul 31, 2007.

1. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    Here is another shot from my shoot with Paulina. Let me know what you think.

D2Xs, 70-200 VR, CLS.

968569735_a28f38e372_o.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  2. Well, she certainly is striking...and I love the lighting...very balanced.

But I have a question on your settings...I see that you were in manual, f7.1, ISO320 and 1/100, and were shooting at 200mm. The shot looks just a tad soft to me, so I'm wondering if it was a little camera shake...1/100 at 200mm is (at least for me) difficult to get a sharp shot, even with VR on that lens. I'm curious as to why you didn't open up the aperture a bit to bump up shutter speed?

I'm really just learning about posed model shots like this, and I need all the help I can get.

Thanks,

3. I agree with John on this. I absolutely love the light, the pose is great and your settings are fine (I like the DOF on this), but I can't hold this at 200mm either (even with VR). It's a little soft for me too. I'd leave the settings alone, and use a tripod to steady (I always try to use a tripod when possible). Remember, with a tripod, turn the VR "Off" according to the manual on this lens.

Best Wishes,

4. I think Paulina is passed the stage where she can pull off a bare midriff.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  5. Nice pose, looks like an album cover I've seen.

6. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    I was on my tripod and I did not want too shallow of a depth of field. The image is a little soft due the the blurs that I have added to it, and the compression. The original is amazing.
    Thank you for your comments. These are areas that I am always trying to improve.

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

what Frank said

8. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Alas it doesn't do it for me. Nowt wrong with the capture. Jury's out on the model tho...

9. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    I think this comment is unnecessary.

You remember last fall or early winter last year when you posted the image of the lovely young brunette lady with the distinguished eyebrows? Somebody had to jump in and make a comment about her makeup/presentation. And they were justifiably and duly chastised for doing so.

That scenario struck me as uncalled for and this one does, also. I surely don't see the photographic value gained by any of us with regard to such comments.

10. spencer313

spencer313 Guest

I would like to see it without the blur you added. When I reduce in PS for posting, I usually downsize to 700px vertically, THEN sharpen (i.e. always sharpen just before output). You may want to selectively sharpen, but the eyes of any subject are the place to start. Also, when you process for web posting, I recommend a "Convert to Profile..." and change to sRGB colorspace. I actually made a PS action to resize, flatten, change to 8-bit mode, sharpen and change colorspace.

Give it a try.

11. What Holmes said.