Stunning Video of Nature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidwcramer, Jun 1, 2007.

1. This is not quite photography, but a video on youtube. Still, I found it totally captivating, as well as uplifting. Nature in it rawest, and best. Be sure and watch it all the way through.

2. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Nice find , that indeed really captivating ! I can imagine tons of photos could've been taken there :tongue:

3. Wow!

4. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just incredible video, thanks so much for sharing.

The Cape buffalo is an amazing animal. When a good friend of mine was on safari in Mozambique in the early 70’s, he said they were more concerned about aggressive behavior from the Cape buffalo than anything else. They actually had one attack their Land Rover.

5. Fabulous!

6. Very cool, thanks for the link.

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Amazing video.

8. It's nice to know the cavalry still comes to the rescue.

9. I've watched this three times now, and shown it to my wife and daughter. I'm still impressed.

This is true reality TV. Not staged.

10. Hey David -

I saw the link earlier, but just now had the chance to view it.

Wow - visceral, surprising and a demonstration of the (occasional) merits of perseverance against all odds . . .

Thanks

Eric

11. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    I'm amazed that there was still something left to rescue. What, were the cats playing before getting serious?

DAB

12. A Cape Buffalo is one tough animal; apparently so are their calves.

Now who is the "king of beasts"?

13. They certainly are tough. And dozens of them are even tougher! The calve is not out of the woods though, as I imagine the infections from all of those bites may do it in. Still, it was great to see it walk away from that event!!

14. Wow, what an incredible video! Hunt, or be hunted.... all day long, day after day... what a life!