Stupid face shields

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by rustyfingers, Aug 27, 2008.

1. How am I supposed to get some good faces when the players are wearing those stupid shields. Back in my day it was a badge of honor to have one of your eyes gouged out. :biggrin: Kids today...

Sorry for the size and quality, these came from the papers web site. My originals are at home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jamesd3rd

jamesd3rd

May 4, 2007
    So. Cal
    Implement the barter systme. I guess in return for allowing you to capture their eyes you could offer to pay for any corneal or retinal damage sustained from a tackle or facemask.

3. That is a shame, I suppose you'll just have to shoot the only field sport with out head gear, soccer.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Face shields or not, I think these look good. Nice to see football being posted again.

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I think both are good, but especially #2!

6. Brooks not quite you seem to be forgetting one other, rugby :biggrin:

7. Thanks guys, just having a little fun.

Hey Frank !

2800 ISO from the D300.. and it's a crop from the original !

[​IMG]

8. All part of the deal these days I see more and more of thsi and it is a PIa but you have a done a good job of dealign with it

9. Isn't it more true to say that American and Canadian Football are the only ones where they DO wear face protection. :eek: :cool: 

Ronnie

10. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    no, ronnie, there is lacrosse for men and women also...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.