Stupid Lens Protection Question

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by accurateshot, May 27, 2007.

1. So I do alot of night shooting. I like having the uv filter on during the day for protection of the lens mainly. Im very clumsy. Is there a product that replaces the filter that is clear that I can use at night?

2. I have shot with UV filters on all of my lens at night for the past 30 yrs.

There is no need to remove them when shooting at night. Virtually no loss of light.

3. I seem to be getting light reflextions in my pictures, so I figured it was the filter maybe.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It may well be neighbor. But a UV filter is nearly colorless, maybe a tiny bit of the blue gets cut, but not enough to notice. Try taking a shot you see the reflections in, without the filter on. If the reflections go away, it's the filter.

If it is the filter, look for a multi-coated clear filter. The clear filters are UV, Haze, Skylight, A1, NC, etc. They are all nearly identical to the eye and digital sensor. Film and spectrophotometers can tell the difference.

5. Thank you very much for the help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.