stupid rumination

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by the_traveler, Jul 2, 2007.

1. I like my 18-70. Handy range and size

HOWEVER, I feel that I get a deeper, more vibrant color from 50 1.4 and Tamron 100.

Am I hallucinating?
    Am I trying to talk myself into 17-55?

Polarizing filters on all.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The depth and vibrance of the color has more to do with the nature of the subject and of the light used than the lens. However, simpler lenses with less elements may give better color saturation, and better (more modern) coatings will also be better in that area.

Sometimes one's faith in one's equipment will be the deciding factor. If you think the 17-55 will improve your photography, chances are that it will.

3. Weird . . .

This is the second time today I find myself pretty much completely agreeing with what you wrote.

The first was over here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=121111

It's weird because I generally disagree with everyone--you're throwing me off ;)

The faith thing is absurd but true. I've seen folks drive themselves harder to create stronger images when they upgrade their gear, seen it lots of times (and I agree with your comments about simpler lenses and modern coatings as well--damn).

Greg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    I have a few pro zoom lenses and I really believe that my little 50mm f/1.8D has better color and contrast than any of them (without pp). Call me crazy...