Stupidity knows no bounds!

I've seen a young lady (a teen perhaps), cigarette in one hand, in the other a muffin, talking on a cellphone that was held between her right ear and shoulder, driving in city traffic! :eek::m70:

its of course banned in the UK

ive been knocked of my motorbike twice now :mad:

i still find it hard to understand how that woman in the USA was able to sue McDonald's when she scolded herself driving with hot coffee in her lap?she should of been jailed for stupidity and endangerment...

its of course banned in the UK

ive been knocked of my motorbike twice now :mad:

i still find it hard to understand how that woman in the USA was able to sue McDonald's when she scolded herself driving with hot coffee in her lap?she should of been jailed for stupidity and endangerment...
I'm not sure why "of course" was included in your first sentence. It's been my experience that stupidity/ignorance knows no geographical boundaries.

Regarding the McDonald's coffee case, a 3 second Google search turned up the details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

It's just a matter of time until all new cars will have a phone signal blocker when the car is moving. They should also have a radio lock, so you can't change the channel or change the song.
Until we all understand that the most deadly invention of all time is the automobile, we will have this problem. Also, until the consequences of killing someone by automobile is a more serious offense we won't even pay much attention.

We just passed a law here in Utah about texting while driving, and it didn't take them long to arrest and convict their first person. Not only was she texting, but she was also driving on a suspended license. I think she ended up with 3 days in jail and a fine.
They must not have the memo up north of SLC yet, seen it on the 15 a few times as I head south. I got to start paying attention to the local news more, not that I would do such things...

I honk at people who are texting as they drive past me. Let's see; if I put an accelerometer in a cell phone, I wonder how difficult it would be to accurately determine when the user is driving and program it to disable texting functions. Patent pending!!

Sean

I've found myself, at times, needing to text while driving.
Each and every time I realize that my attention to the driving is terribly lessened.

We need, simply, to avoid it.
We need, more than ever, to be vigilant of the other idiot.

Wasn't there a post here in the Cafe in the last 2 weeks, taken in a tunnel, by a driver holding the camera out of the sun roof??:biggrin:
It was not me!!!
I would NEVER do anything that stupid.
:373:.:373:.:373:

"If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
Will Rogers

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OK, truth-be-known I shot the photo at 50 MPH....bad enough.....and Photoshopped the speedo and tach.:373:

I've found myself, at times, needing to text while driving.
Each and every time I realize that my attention to the driving is terribly lessened.

We need, simply, to avoid it.
We need, more than ever, to be vigilant of the other idiot.
Vernon, I know how much I mislead myself with my thoughts an words!
Really I cannot see that it would ever be "necessary" - "needed" to text while driving.
I need very little, warmth, food, shelter and not much else, all else are wants.
That's my view, thanks for stimulating me to think of it again!!:smile:

I honk at people who are texting as they drive past me. Let's see; if I put an accelerometer in a cell phone, I wonder how difficult it would be to accurately determine when the user is driving and program it to disable texting functions. Patent pending!!

Sean
Don't the I phone a google G1 already have an accelerometer? And if not, for sure they have a GPS built in. The google G1/ android is open source too, so you could easily develop an application that could do that and sell it to google.

Just the other day I was driving in city traffic behind a car with two young women. The driver was putting on mascara and the passenger was holding a phone against the ear of the driver...

I had an inspiration today.

I'm driving a loaner-car with a GPS nav system while my car's in the shop.

The GPS refused to let me input a new destination while the car was moving....sigh....something I shouldn't have been doing....GPSing in an unfamiliar car while moving!

Seems it would be simple enough to create an iPhone app (108% of teens have iPhone where I live) that would lock out texting while the phone is in motion. Could be password protected by a parent...."young man, as long as "I" am paying for that phone".....wouldn't stop 53 y/o iphone text/drive/talk/sip-coffee/clutch/email drivers like me though.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom