Stupidity knows no bounds!

It never said he was using two phones. You can talk to someone on the phone, and still send/receive text messages on the same phone.

Doesn't make it any better of course, but still, he was probably only using one phone.
Yes it did, in the first line...

The beauty of advances in technology is that there is now a program I've installed on my Crackberry that I just say "send text message to xxx" and I then dictate the text message - IF NEEDED. Nothing is that important in my world that I can't pull over, have a conversation or send a message and then pull back into traffic. I've been in a serious car crash - I know what it sounds like, and how much the body hurts afterwards. Nope, not going there again.

they say that cell phones have a gps chip in them so the location is known for 911 calls. I think they should program this chip to detect motion and if it detects greater than 5 mph the key pad of the phone locks
They don't (well, some do, but 911 can't use it).
The location is triangulated from signal strength between cellphone relay antennas.

D

DW Brewer

If you don't believe in the prevalence of "the stupid gene," just stick around; it will make it's presence known shortly...

I hope he gets fired for that stupid act. He could've seriously injured someone. The truth is, he is probably going to repeat this again.

They don't (well, some do, but 911 can't use it).
The location is triangulated from signal strength between cellphone relay antennas.
Actually, you may be thinking of years ago, when E-911 was first mandated. Ths Link for example gives a relatively thorough description of GPS enabled phones these days. Without a GPS enabled phone, triangulation may be attempted but is pretty much guaranteed to not be accurate, especially in areas where techinical "gotchas", such as multipath, can easily have you routedin very strange ways.

Today, I was doing our daily bicycle ride with my wife when we rode slowly around some winding roads and crossed our favorite gator watching bayou. I heard a distinct sound of sliding tires and thumps. I said that that sounds like a car flipping. I turned around and took my cell phone out of my pocket to call 911. My wife said to wait because she didn't think it was a wreck. When I went back about 100 feet around the turn, I saw an SUV in the ditch upside down and by the time I reached the vehicle, two little kids crawled out of the side rear window. I was talking on the phone to 911 operators while my wife held one of the kids and other car drivers and neighbors who ran down the street were taking care of the six kids and the mom who crawled out of the SUV. She was changing the radio channel in response to the kids not liking the music when she ran off the road and over compensated crossing over the road again (backwards from what I can tell) hitting the other ditch and flipping the vehicle over onto the roof.
People, PLEASE Pay attention to the job at hand....driving.

Real Name
Michael
They Walk Among Us

This guy was about to launch his first trailer boat. He called the dealer for advice on the launch procedure and they told him to be sure not to get the trailer too deep in the water. He was confused because he could hardly get the trailer in the water at all. I'll let the picture speak for itself. At least this one is not yet a danger to anyone else and since it's not likely he is going to get his boat launched it is unlikely he will become one on the water anyway.
One hopes.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom