Stupidity knows no bounds!

I can't text and walk, let alone drive! I type with 2 or 3 fingers and a thumb or 2, I text with one thumb! When it's busy, rainy, icy, or fast, I even turn the radio/CD player off, so I can concentrate!

I'm either a super safe guy, or a number one clutz/spaz!

Locking out texting while in motion will also disarm the passengers--which may not be the best thing.On the other hand, many of us grew up and grew up well without texting!

Talking on your phone (while driving) is supposed to be illegal here as well. Unfortunately, it appears to be the most unenforced law on the books. It seems that virtually everyone ignores the law. I have yet to see, or even hear of, somebody receiving a citation for this.
The reason for that is you can see cops doing just that all day long while rolling down the highway at a fairly fast pace.........I see it here every day.......I have even seen a female cop talking on phone, eating and putting on make up.........

I can't text and walk, let alone drive! I type with 2 or 3 fingers and a thumb or 2, I text with one thumb! When it's busy, rainy, icy, or fast, I even turn the radio/CD player off, so I can concentrate!

I'm either a super safe guy, or a number one clutz/spaz!

Locking out texting while in motion will also disarm the passengers--which may not be the best thing.On the other hand, many of us grew up and grew up well without texting!

Hahaha Nick. I can text with my phone in my pocket :biggrin: not while driving of course but, i dont have to look at it at all :tongue:

Real Name
Chris
Someone mentioned an exception for public safety workers or something, I tried finding it but couldn't. In my town all of the police cruisers have laptops mounted in between the drivers seat and the passengers seat, it does a ton of stuff like displaying active calls, the location of other officers, a full moving map gps, and everything else you could imagine. which is great, cause it could be very helpful to the officer if they needed backup, or to find an alternate route or something. The other day I saw an officer going back and forth between using the radio to talk to dispatch, and the laptop to google info about something, while driving in traffic. That's something even I wouldn't try.

Unless special effort is put in enforcing that law, nothing is going to change. People know that texting while driving is something they should not be doing, and they still do it. Why? Because they can.

It's like speeding, passing on the right and rolling stop signs: in most cases there's no consequence in doing it. So people continue to do it. :mad:

You nailed it. No consequences till someone gets hit and/or hurt.

My hubby is a retired Fire Chief. His dear friend and fellow retired Firefighter/medic have seen alot of the results of this stupidity. I, on the other hand, have not. His friend still volunteers AND has a tow business that is the county tow call for accidents. I was at this house one day when a tow call came out and had my camera. He asked me to take pictures of the tow because the car went over an embankment (sp?)and he likes to document difficult recoveries. We arrive and I am stunned. The car, on a curve, crossed the center, hit the beginning of the guard rail, the car launched off the guard rail in the air, straight into a tree and fell about 30 feet down in a gully. She was 18, 6 months pregnant and on her way to take her final exams when she was killed. The county police shared this info with me because I knew them. They found her cell phone right in the middle of a message. Thank god she had already been removed when I arrived because the effect of the aftermath has haunted me for the last 6 months.

I refuse to respond or text while in the car. Most times my phone is off while I am mobile since that happened. So sad.

Real Name
Doug
I've found myself, at times, needing to text while driving.
Each and every time I realize that my attention to the driving is terribly lessened.

We need, simply, to avoid it.
We need, more than ever, to be vigilant of the other idiot.

What possible "need" exists to text while driving? It is a WANT, not a need. Pull over if it is an urgent business issue. If not, Buffy can put some ice in her shorts until you get home. :rolleyes:

What possible "need" exists to text while driving? It is a WANT, not a need. Pull over if it is an urgent business issue. If not, Buffy can put some ice in her shorts until you get home. :rolleyes:

Would you recommend "Wet" or "Dry"? Ice of course ......

Real Name
Doug
The solution is to completely switch off the phone before starting the engine, just like putting on seatbelts. Then it can't make any noises and this removes temptation.

This technique can also be used recreationally as well. :wink:

We have cabin that we built in a really remote area of Colorado: dirt roads and then jeep trails to the cabin, no electrical service (we installed solar), etc. However, there is a cell tower on top of the nearby mountain and we have cell service.

I take my cell phone with me to the cabin but it is turned off. It is for emergencies only. The whole purpose of going there is to get away from all this messy connectedness.

Latest threads

Top Bottom