SU-4 mode on the SB-600

Hello all,

Is there an SU-4 mode available on the SB-600. Last evening I set my SB-800 up in this mode and all the point and shooters were able to use my flash as a supplement to their on camera flash allowing them to light every one up in their group shots. Looked through my SB-600 manual and a CLS lighting book I have, and could find no mention of this mode in either book.

Take care.
Donald

Hello all,

Is there an SU-4 mode available on the SB-600.

Unlike the SB-800, the SB-600 does not offer an SU-4 emulator. But, the phyisical SU-4 slave unit remains a good option as auto TTL optical slaves go and can still be found on EBay and similar sites if you shop around. It might be worth tracking one down as an alternative to replacing the SB-600 simply to gain that capability.

Thanks for the replies, as I get to know the features of the Nikon flash systems it is amazing the different ways they can be used in the Nikon system as well as with other cameras.

I like the fact that the SB-600 has plenty of power for my needs and I can use the money I saved buying it (compared to another SB-800) for other needed items. Not having an SU-4 mode doesn't lower my valuation of this flash at all. It just means I don't have to worry about lending it out to non Nikon owners.

Take care.
Donald

Latest threads

Top Bottom