1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

SU-800 w/ 2 SB-800s

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by lr1811, Apr 3, 2007.

1. I am setting up my SU-800 and SB-800s for the first time and am getting confused (not hard to do).

If anyone can help me get the correct settings I would appreciate it.

D200 - Does this need to be in A mode and do I need to set the "e3" setting as "Commander?"

SU-800 - Switch it to Commander?

SB-800s - SU-4?

Any help is appreciated..... thanks in advance.

2. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    D200 = which ever mode you want to shoot in. commander mode should not matter

SU-800 = commander mode, not macro

SB-800's should be set to remote.

3. Ditto...

Just make sure your SU-800 is set to the same channel as the SB800s, and then put the SB800s in either the same group or different groups as your lighting desires dictate.

There is a little switch inside the battery compartment to set the mode of the SU800 as Charles mentioned...just don't leave it in macro mode...you'll know you're in macro mode if all you see on the display is "A:B". You should see groups A, B, and C, and the settings for each of them.

The e3 setting is only for the built-in flash...won't matter what it is set to with the SU800 attached...just like it wouldn't matter if the SB800 was on-camera...

Hope this helps...post some of your results...looking forward to them!

4. Thanks!

I may not have found that little switch (inside the battery compartment) without your post!

Plan on posting something soon in the people section...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.