Submarine Racing at its very best

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Candidcameraman, Jul 30, 2007.

1. WOW! Looks like a photo finish to me :smile:

subrac.

Shamelessly lifted on another forum

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007
  2. Um, I think you mean "Sonar finish" :biggrin:

3. Ghunger

Ghunger

Apr 2, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Nice photo Dude :tongue:. All the submarine racing I've seen is held indoors though. :wink:

4. I knew "those" as boat races--wonder why? Perhaps because we drank enough to float a boat, and you drank enough to submerge in? Ours were also outdoors!

5. HMMMM, the submarine races that I have attended were outdoors and the view was much like that photo, at least for a few minutes,,,,,,but then again I might have attended indoor submarine races and just didn't call it that.

6. Ghunger

Ghunger

Apr 2, 2007
    Seattle, WA
  7. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

:910: man that was close LOL!

8. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I thought they only had them at night. That's what we always told our dates, let's go down by the beach and watch the submarine races. It was always late at night when no one else was around......:Wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007
  9. ..and they were only held at Gulf Beach, Milford...

10. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    If you look at the photo with your circular polarizer you can see the subs--

Really!

11. Out here we use the term "submarine racing" for something else... :rolleyes:

12. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    And they were allways on W.A.Y.S. RADIO, Charlotte N.C. in the late sixtes. I think the hot spot was Sam Wilson Road. Now you have your fast atack sub and then there is the big wide but slower boomer.......