Substitute for HN-9 hood?

Having the devil's own job getting hold of an HN-9 hood for a 28mm PC shift lens. It's not available new any longer. Anyone know of a sensible substitute (72mm thread): I'm using it on an FX camera? Or has one for sale?

Thanks--I'm one of the bidders on this, but it's beginning to look as if the price will get quite silly. I'll be hanging on to the cliff tomorrow evening. Have to decide what's rational to bid, given the amount of time I could spend fannying around trying to get one cheaper. I wonder what the record price paid on eBay for a lenshood is?

Thanks--I'm one of the bidders on this, but it's beginning to look as if the price will get quite silly. I'll be hanging on to the cliff tomorrow evening. Have to decide what's rational to bid, given the amount of time I could spend fannying around trying to get one cheaper. I wonder what the record price paid on eBay for a lenshood is?
I read an article about one going for several thousand. Vintage Leica I think, unsurprisingly, but it might have actually been an early Nikon.

By the way, I am fairly certain the hood in this link is identical to the HN-9. It was originally made for the old Nikon 20mm f3.5 UD before the HN- numbers existed. Nikon started using product codes with 2 letters followed by a number sometime in the 1970s, and the HN-9 designation was then given to hoods recommended for the 20/3.5UD, 28/3.5PC and 28/4PC.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOOD-ORIGINAL-MODEL-NIKKOR-20MM-F3-5-LENS-72MM-/200607852853

By the way, I am fairly certain the hood in this link is identical to the HN-9. It was originally made for the old Nikon 20mm f3.5 UD before the HN- numbers existed. Nikon started using product codes with 2 letters followed by a number sometime in the 1970s, and the HN-9 designation was then given to hoods recommended for the 20/3.5UD, 28/3.5PC and 28/4PC.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOOD-ORIGINAL-MODEL-NIKKOR-20MM-F3-5-LENS-72MM-/200607852853
Think you are right--it certainly looks very like the HN-9 and it was offered for the 20mm. Might try bidding on this if I don't get the other one. Thanks.

Actually won the Ebay auction for this without it getting as silly as I'd expected. Certainly not $5555.

Thanks to all for various bits of advice.

Well done!

I think you got it for a good price, especially as you got a cap with it too. I'm now thinking perhaps I should look for a hood cap for my HN-9 too. [I use it on a 20/3.5UD]

Latest posts

Top Bottom