Succulent garden

Single image photo art composite of a section of my wife’s succulent garden. She loves this garden and is very proud of how she’s propagated these plants from a small wreath to now almost filling a 6’ tree ring.

Taken with a Nikon Z7, Nikon 105mm micro and fill light with a Nikon SB700 flash.
Processed in Adobe Lightroom, Topaz Labs Studio 2 and Adobe Photoshop.

52DFF534-284D-474B-BA72-A05381EBD5BA.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo credit to my wife taking a photo of me taking photos of her garden and to my assistant, Dixie, for keeping a protective watch over me for any anole’s that may seek to disrupt my shoot.
F756DFF1-37A2-435A-8F01-33064B089F25.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
What a fun couple of images! Congrats to the wife for the landscaping! Personally, I think the first image would benefit from a pano crop eliminating the top.... thereby reducing the color range and improving the composition. Then I'd print it rather large....! Nice photo!

What a fun couple of images! Congrats to the wife for the landscaping! Personally, I think the first image would benefit from a pano crop eliminating the top.... thereby reducing the color range and improving the composition. Then I'd print it rather large....! Nice photo!
Thanks, Karen. I’m leaving additional cropping and framing to her. She’s not sure what size she may print this - right now leaning towards 11x14, but whatever size, I know it will get cropped. I’ll pass on your suggestion to her.
Lying down on the job agin, eh, Tony? Regardless, some great stuff. Good job making the flash so natural.
Thanks, Nick. This is one of the few times I can say I did some good work lying down.

Latest threads

Top Bottom