Succulent with Shadows

I haven't posted in this forum before, though I enjoy shooting macro. I don't tend toward bugs and although I have the Sigma 150 f/2.8 macro lens, I tend to shoot with Nikon's MF lenses coupled with an extension tube. My favorite combination is the 105 f/2.5 AI-s coupled with a 20mm tube from a set of three Vivitar tubes I bought on E-Bay.

I shot this image today as I wandered around my neighborhood. We're enjoying balmy weather in the San Francisco Bay area, perfect weather for shooting. Rain returns tomorrow... :Curved:

Enjoy!

105.20.SucculentClose.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks guys. Remarkable that this was shot with natural light. I didn't appreciate when I took the shot exactly what I'd gotten. The play of shadows as well as the colors of the plant work together beautifully. Pure serendipity with a little help from a D700 and a great lens!

Who would have thought that playing with extension tubes could be so much fun? They certainly have added a great deal to my photography. The whole world opens up when one begins looking more closely. The possibilities for photography are endless. I'm also blessed to live in a climate conducive to getting out with camera and lens.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Thanks for the comments folks. I love the fact that folks from around the world can share the pleasure of this hobby/craft. My first online experience with photography was at a website called Trekearth whose logo said "learning about the world through photography." I met a great many people from around the world. Seems as though the same possibility exists here. Thanks Evan, DJ and Dossy for dropping by.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom