Sucker Girl

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Went into a shop in the Ferry building in San Francisco and my daughter picked up a sucker and struck a pose. Lighting was fairly nice and I made this shot with my 17-55mm and D2H.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005
  2. Hi there Gordon,

I like this shot a lot. The pose is so joyful and cheery (probably anticipating the lolly!), and the unusual array of catchlights really accentuates her striking eyes.

Very well done, as always by you!

Best wishes,

David

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I always enjoy photos of your family. This is no exception...She's lovely and the look is one of "pure childish joy"!!!

4. Thanks so much David and Leigh. I just find my family members close at hand so have a tendency to post a lot of shots of them. Many of my paid jobs I do not post because I do not have a release to do so.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Gordon, with all your beautiful daughters, you must've had a heck of a time as the pop.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Gordon very nice I always look forward to your postings. Let me say you have some of the most beautiful daughters around. You have taken your portrait photography to the next level

8. When guys were hanging around I would live by the maxim, "walk softly but carry a big stick." My youngest son was the one with the most problems while he was growing up, he had 8 mothers (seven sisters and one real mother). Actually life was good Chris, lots of daughter to do the dishes (now don't all you women out there jump on me for being a male chauvenist - the boys were out doing yard work with me). :smile:

9. Thanks for your nice comments Paul and Mike.

Paul, I see what you mean about the blue, it is subtle but it is there. Good eye.

10. Love those eyes and the complementary (to the sucker) background colors. You, yet again, done good.

11. This was a really cute shop and everything was color coordinated. Thanks foir noticing and for your comments.