Suffering from acute GAS -- I need help urgently.

Now what would I do with all those pixels? 24.5 does the job for me.
Bill, I'm in the process of solving my NAS/GAS problem—unfortunately (?) I have been infected by the mutant variety, Audiophilia— spending my money (with permission from my wife) on new hi-fi equipment. First shipment is on a big white truck, scheduled to arrive here on Saturday. Other stuff is being custom made and I'm looking at a late May delivery. And then there is the wine cellar, and . . . :)

Bill, I'm in the process of solving my NAS/GAS problem—unfortunately (?) I have been infected by the mutant variety, Audiophilia— spending my money (with permission from my wife) on new hi-fi equipment. First shipment is on a big white truck, scheduled to arrive here on Saturday. Other stuff is being custom made and I'm looking at a late May delivery. And then there is the wine cellar, and . . . :)
Do tell. I may be deeper in hifi and HT than Nikon....This makes GAS look cheap!

Do tell. I may be deeper in hifi and HT than Nikon....This makes GAS look cheap!
PS Audio M-700 monoblock amps; PS Audio Stellar Gaincell DAC/ PreAmp; Audioquest McKenzie XLR interconnects, and Cinnamon Toslink. In may Magneplan LRS speakewrs and MagRiser stands.

I know about the costs—just read of a guy who supplemented/complemented his $250,000 system of electronics with almost that amount in cables and interconnects! I'm not n his league-

PS Audio M-700 monoblock amps; PS Audio Stellar Gaincell DAC/ PreAmp; Audioquest McKenzie XLR interconnects, and Cinnamon Toslink. In may Magneplan LRS speakewrs and MagRiser stands.

I know about the costs—just read of a guy who supplemented/complemented his $250,000 system of electronics with almost that amount in cables and interconnects! I'm not n his league-
Congrats, @Palouse That will be a great sounding system. PS Audio makes excellent gear. I’ve always wanted to try Maggies or other electrostats.....one day. Take some pictures when you have it all together!

My GAS is making me miserable.

My problem is that I have all the gear I need, and there's nothing else I can think of to buy.

I have a Z6, the 24-70/4, the 35/1.8 and the 50/1.8, and those are really adequate -- no, much more than adequate -- for all my needs. I love my Z6 and don't find any of its supposed inadequacies limiting to my kind of photography.

I also have the 12-30/4, which I occasionally but not very often find use for, and the 24-200/4-6.3, which I use from time to time when I need more reach.

I don't shoot wildlife or BIF because I'm usually out walking with my dog with camera in hand, and I have some physical limitations that don't allow me to stray very far from beaten paths. I don't shoot sports. My photography is narrowly circumscribed -- limited to looking for somewhat interesting subjects for casual snaps on my quotidian peregrinations.

So how am I to cure the excruciating torment of GAS. I am wretched. Please, please help me.

Absolutely, I am here to help. It is simple, you need a substitute GAS field agent. Simply send funds to me and GAS issue will disappear. DM Immediately, I have trip to the big city planned for tomorrow. Cheer!

Last edited:
spending my money (with permission from my wife) on new hi-fi equipment

If I lived in a rural area as you do, I suspect I would also be spending lots more money on audio equipment. Instead, I spend money attending live concerts (and can't wait to get back to doing so once the pandemic ends). I would much rather listen to a live concert in the hall than listen to any recording.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Absolutely, I am here to help. It is simple, you need a substitute GAS filed agent. Simply send funds to me and GAS issue will disappear. DM Immediately, I have trip to the big city planned for tomorrow. Cheer!
Thank you so much. Will $10,000 be sufficient, or should I send more? I'm expecting a very large sum from a Nigerian prince any day now, and as soon as it arrives in my account I will forward whatever you need to cure me of the torment of GAS.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
If I lived in a rural area as you do, I suspect I would also be spending lots more money on audio equipment. Instead, I spend money attending live concerts (and can't wait to get back to doing so once the pandemic ends). I would much rather listen to a live concert in the hall than listen to any recording.
Moscow -- Idaho, I mean -- is a university town. There's often quite an active concert life in many of these towns. They have music faculties with outstanding teachers who give recitals, student performers, and student orchestras, and many up and coming musicians begin their careers touring communities like this.

Moscow -- Idaho, I mean -- is a university town. There's often quite an active concert life in many of these towns. They have music faculties with outstanding teachers who give recitals, student performers, and student orchestras, and many up and coming musicians begin their careers touring communities like this.
Yup, lots of live music, some of it good, some great. But not for the past year. Between us and WSU there is a great chamber music program too. Lots of folk music. However, it will be a while before we'll be ready to enter an auditorium of any size.

Thank you so much. Will $10,000 be sufficient, or should I send more? I'm expecting a very large sum from a Nigerian prince any day now, and as soon as it arrives in my account I will forward whatever you need to cure me of the torment of GAS.

19K so so adequate for digital/glass gear, but if you are wanting any audio gear, best dig a lot deeper.

What, no pair of old school vacuum McIntosh's for left and right?

You guys make me feel so much better. I just waved off my Pentax 645z this morning with nearly a tear in my eye, except for the thought of what is coming :cry::D

I really do think that this will be my last camera as far as technical IQ needs. I have just traded up to a Fuji GFX 100S and the 45mm lens. I will evaluate what other lenses I may require and as an interim will get a Pentax 645 to Fuji G converter and try a couple of my Pentax lenses before I sell them and commit to the Fuji equivalents.

I do suspect that I will be looking at a PC upgrade in the near future including storage these are 100MP files with uncompressed raw coming in at around 200MB for 16 bit. There is also a mind blowing 16 shot pixel shift producing 400MB raw - I do not think I will be going down that route quickly (thankfully it is limited in application) :eek:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom