Suffering from acute GAS -- I need help urgently.

yeah, then there is BAS - I am looking at a Vaast gravel bike to add to my 2 bike collection. So there is that too!

Nowadays I don't even consider it a real bike ride until I hit the rough roads! I'm a big fan of the 2x crank setup on the new Shimano GRX gravel groupset. It allows me to be fast on the tarmac and when I hit the trails, the small crank gives me very good low gears for climbing all but the steepest of terrain. I only go 1x when I'm riding my single speed gravel bike!

Real Name
Tom M
My GAS is making me miserable.

My problem is that I have all the gear I need, and there's nothing else I can think of to buy.

I have a Z6, the 24-70/4, the 35/1.8 and the 50/1.8, and those are really adequate -- no, much more than adequate -- for all my needs. I love my Z6 and don't find any of its supposed inadequacies limiting to my kind of photography.

I also have the 12-30/4, which I occasionally but not very often find use for, and the 24-200/4-6.3, which I use from time to time when I need more reach.

I don't shoot wildlife or BIF because I'm usually out walking with my dog with camera in hand, and I have some physical limitations that don't allow me to stray very far from beaten paths. I don't shoot sports. My photography is narrowly circumscribed -- limited to looking for somewhat interesting subjects for casual snaps on my quotidian peregrinations.

So how am I to cure the excruciating torment of GAS. I am wretched. Please, please help me.
Send me all your money, I’ll watch it for you...for a small fee to buy a used D500.

I am looking at a Vaast gravel bike
I can't satisfy by BAS either.
I am looking at replacing a XC bike with an ebike. I ride a regular road bike a couple of times a week, but as I approach 70 I am trying to keep up with some younger guys.
I can't even buy one. The trek xcountry ebikes ( e-caliber or rail) are about 250days out. They aren't cheap either.
Gary

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom