Suggestions for AIO Printer

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Vandyu, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Vandyu

Vandyu

May 14, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Has anyone had experience with any of the All-In-One printers for copying transparencies and negatives and printing photographs?

I decided the Epson R200 that came with my Nikon D50 purchase wasn't what I wanted, so that went back. But, I'd like to replace my aging HP T45 multifunction with a similar machine with good photo capability.

The ones I'm looking at are Canon Pixma MP760 and MP780 models, Epson Stylus Photo RX620 and HP 7210. The Epson and Canons come with individual color cartridges, which I think makes more sense than the HP, which maintains that company's tradition of putting 3 colors in one cartridge (can you say "buy more ink"). So, if anyone has any recommendations on these types of printers, please let me hear from you.

As with all things that try to do many functions, often one task is done better than others. But, they all got good reviews. My main emphasis is good quality photo prints, not exceptional quality, which would probably require a stand alone high dollar photo printer, which I don't need. Thanks in advance. :)

2. GaryW

GaryW Guest

I am very happy with my MP780. I used to have an HP 2210, but it croaked. I agree that the individual ink cartridges are the way to go. I have an i9900, so I can use the same type of ink cartridge on both printers. That keeps me from having to keep multiple kinds of ink in stock.

I have not tried high quality color printing on the MP780 (because of my i9900), but the internet pages I have printed out on regular paper look very good to me.

Hope that helps.

Gary

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I have been using HP's for ever, I just had to replace my PSC2410 last week (Thank the good Lord for the CompUSA TAP). I switched to the Photosmart 2610 and I am very pleased with it.
    The only thing I don't like about HP is that the black inks take forever to fully dry.
    As for the 3 color cartridge's Rarely will you run out of one color before another, remember that it is mixing those colors to get the color it is printing.