Suggestions for CLS Flash system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Riki, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Riki

Riki

May 7, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    I already have two SB800's but am thinking of adding two more. I was thinking of a setup like this
    1) one - Camera Mounted
    2) one - Behind the subject
    3) One each on the left and right of the camera on stands/tripods, whatever I can manage.

My question is that generally the ones in 3 as above should be bounced off a reflector or a hood/umbrella? I have seen these small white hoods which fit onto the SB800 head, in the Nikon DVD , but am not sure what these are called and which ones to buy. Anyone using them can please suggest which ones to buy ? Also would appreciate all other suggestions.

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    At twig's suggestion, I just bought a Photex Softliter II from B&H Photo. It is a combination of umbrella and softbox. Works really well.

3. Riki

Riki

May 7, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Thanks John, for your prompt reply. I did a search on the above on the B&H page, but no luck. Is it spelt correctly ?

4. Hi Riki,

I believe what you're looking for is "Photek" Softliter II.

Best wishes,

David

5. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    That is correct. My bad :(

6. 10 pushups for you, John.

:lol:

David

7. Riki

Riki

May 7, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Thanks David and John,
    Isnt there any other compacter option ? I was looking for something smaller.

8. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I'll have to go back to the Nikon DVD to see what you mean. Are you talking about the white diffusors that come with the SB800? The Softliter is no bigger than the umbrella (I got the 46" one) and does come in a smaller size.