1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Suggestions for Death Valley?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Butlerkid, Jul 9, 2018.

1. jbird

jbird

Jun 22, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    But that was for Chevron with Techron. Of course you are going to get your eyes gouged out. That is "The Chevron Way".

I do want to go there sometime. I saw a 2 week photography workshop advertised once for Death Valley. The first week was outside of the valley in a hotel for the class room portion. The second week was glamping in Death Valley. It was only $5,000 +/-

2. It was also the only gas station in the park. It might have been the only gas station within 50 or more miles. I didn't check the price of gas in the very small towns near the park, but I imagine that their prices were also above the national average, though of course not as high as in the park. It's a really desolate area.

3. Karen,
    I was there about 15 years ago with a group of photobuds for six days.
    One thing that really sticks out in my mind is that the pre-sunrise temperatures were quite cold, and rose quickly after the sun came up. Every morning we dressed for late fall/early winter and progressively did a striptease as the mornings wore on. Dress in layers that you can comfortably remove and stow as you are shooting.
    Robert

4. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Thanks for the tip!!! I'm be sure to pack several layers, and my gloves!

And right now I'm considering driving the extra 100 miles and going in on Hwy 127 out of Barstow, although I very sure we and our 35' rig could handle the route on Hwy 190.......

5. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Karen, if you like it or not, visit the McDonalds in Barstow.
    It's build from old railroad waggons and looks very interesting inside and outside.
    Really something special.

Regards
    Klaus

6. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Thanks, Klaus!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.