Suggestions Please......

Hello All,

My sister in law took this picture of her four boys during an Alaska trip. The photo was taken while they were on a train trip. As you can see there is a nice reflection on the window of the Alaskan mountains, but I would like to eliminate the bottom portion of the reflections, partially the reflections in the boys face. I will be able to eliminate most of the reflections using the basic clone, smudge, etc. techniques. The major obstacle I see is the big white round "things".

Any ideas??

FYI, I will be converting this to B&W also.

Thank you,

347897609_WK8VE-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Original can be found here: http://bige.smugmug.com/photos/347897609_WK8VE-O.jpg

Hi Eric

This was a tough one because I had to guesstimate the musculature of the hidden areas. Whenever possible I ended up using the pen tools to draw a selection of one part of the face and then mirrored it to the other side. In addition to that technique, I used the standard clone and healing tools for the finer areas. I enclosed a link to the full size retouch file in tiff format if you want to continue to play around with it.

Let your sister in law know she has a good eye for composition :)

full size retouch file tiff format in a 6MB zip file at
http://rfcgraphics.com/request/boytrainretouch.zip

retouchboytrainjpeg.jpg

you don't happen to have school pictures of the boys do you? or candids where they are smiling sort of the same way?

How bout this?:biggrin:

funny.jpg

Hi Eric

This was a tough one because I had to guesstimate the musculature of the hidden areas. Whenever possible I ended up using the pen tools to draw a selection of one part of the face and then mirrored it to the other side. In addition to that technique, I used the standard clone and healing tools for the finer areas. I enclosed a link to the full size retouch file in tiff format if you want to continue to play around with it.

Let your sister in law know she has a good eye for composition :)

full size retouch file tiff format in a 6MB zip file at
http://rfcgraphics.com/request/boytrainretouch.zip

RFC,

Wow, that is fantastic work! Thank you very much. I will have to try that mirror technique myself. This site is great, I learn so much from these posts. I do have a question, how do you blend the edges of the "copied and mirrored" areas to the original?

Again, Thank you!
Eric

How bout this?:biggrin:

funny.jpg

Yeah that will work for me!. I not too sure i will fly with my sis in law. :biggrin:

OK, this is what I have so far.

Again, BIG Thanks to RFC for all the help.

Original:
347897609_WK8VE-XL.jpg

Edit:
349782468_seM2m-XL.jpg

I still have to work on my B&W technique. :Confused:

The only thing that I would add to that is that you need to do something with the older brother's face. It looks deformed. You could probably use the brother to the left as a copy template and then use liquify to add some character.

The only thing that I would add to that is that you need to do something with the older brother's face. It looks deformed. You could probably use the brother to the left as a copy template and then use liquify to add some character.

After looking at it for awhile, I agree with you. I will have to give it a shot. Thank you.

that is why I was sugesting that if you had another picture of him, that maybe you could use it as a clone source so that you could get the other side right. Or do it like you are adding a person into an image...you should have one that is close.

Latest threads

Top Bottom