Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Focus Pocus, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Focus Pocus

Focus Pocus

Oct 19, 2006
    Boise, Idaho
    [​IMG]

I shot this picture a couple of weeks ago while fishing /camping on a cold week-end. I wonder if the foreground is too distracting? Would you crop or make some other adjustments to make this better?

Thanks!
    Richard

2. About the only thing I'd do is clone out the red reflection in the water because it doesn't make sense with the rest of the image. It's probably because the vehicle stopped there which caused the intensity of the red light, but overall, it confuses my brain.

I love the wisps of cloud, and of course the stars are wonderful. I think I'd crop some off the bottom.

Great image, I love it.

3. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

I agree with TOLADY but i would try cropping the left side also it has a dark shadow that takes a bit away from the sky.
    It might also just be my laptop the contrast is a bit dark sometimes.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Shadow highlights in PSCS
    Fix ya right up:>)))
    Nice shot

If you can use shadow/highlights you will be suprised at how it opens this image up
    no cropping necessary

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  5. Logan

Logan Guest

i lthink you should clone out the red in the water as sandy suggested, and then i think it would be a VERY nice photo!

6. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    Hey Richard. I thought I would give it a go. (please let me know if you would like me to remove this)

This is how I see it. BTW, I love this picture! What a wonderful sky to camp under. Hope you had a great time and caught lots of fish!

[​IMG]

take care, kim

7. that last post looks great.. i think i would just edit out all reflection from the water and see how that looks. this image is really cool!!

8. Focus Pocus

Focus Pocus

Oct 19, 2006
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I like your ideas. At first I thought the reflection was cool, but your right - it's better without. Kim, I like your version and crop alot. I messed around a little more with it and tried the shadow highlight thing on the left side and darkened the right side. I took out the reflection and cropped.

[​IMG]

I like this better, but maybe too much light on the water now? BTW Kim, we didn't catch alot of fish, but made up for it in size. My biggest of the trip. . .

[​IMG]

And did I mention it was cold?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestions!

Richard

9. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    I like your version. I think the light on the water looks good. Very nice! As for your fish, if you were to add up all my fish I HOPE to catch today (keeping my fingers crossed) together they won't add to your one! Must be nice!