Sultry Morning~A Few Shots

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Jun 25, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    76 degrees at 4AM and humid as can be. Can you say HAZY?

I shot a few until about 7:30 and "bugged out" because there was a massive hatch of mosquito's and green heads (big huge horse flies!) the last few days and they were unbearable. Reznick wouldn't have survived :)

Pre Dawn...

original.

An early sunrise egret as the sun came over the dunes behind us...

View attachment 11053

A couple of snowy shots after the sun was up and now hidden behind a haze behind me...

View attachment 11054

View attachment 11055

And last but certainly not least...a few least terns :)

View attachment 11056
    View attachment 11057
    View attachment 11058

2. Great series, but luv #1. Key to surving mosquitos and bugs. HAve a friend over the night before, feed him tons of peppermint schnapps and take him with you in the morning. LOL...........you will be left alone, he might not survive though...........

3. Excellent series of shots Rory but I love #1. The composition is right on. I feel for you with the mosquitos and horse flys. I got caught in a swarm one time and it was unbearable. Makes one a little panicky.

4. My favorite one are #3 and 1. Jim, talking about bugs do you know someone who use those LLBean clothings that are supposed to be bug free?

5. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Giles...

I know that Ron uses bug shirts...my wife just ordered some for us :)

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Keith...

How about I drink the schnapps???

:)

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Gordon...

Horse flys are a piece of cake compared to these damn sald marsh mosquitos and greenheads. It's going to curtail my shooting for a bit I'm afriad...that's how bad the suckers are!

8. JMartin

JMartin Guest

I agree, #1 is beautiful. I also like #4 and the egret looks just so graceful.

As for Ron, he may use the bug repellant shirts, but the bugs still love him! He wore those shirts here in Florida and still looked like a leapord with all those spots from bug bites!

Joe

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jim they are all great and the sunrise is gorgeous for sure.

THOSE FLYS ARE HORRIBLE......

I remember them in NH. OUCHHHHHHH

10. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Gale

Good Morning Gale...

Where abouts in NH were you?

I was raised in NH and we spend lots of weekends up there as well in the Sunapee region :)

11. If you brought Reznick, everyone else would have been safe. He's like a bug magnet. :D Poor guy was eaten alive down here. Felt so bad for him.

I spent a couple summers in Bennington N.H. by Lake Whittemore. Went to Sunapee and Monadnock mountains to pick blueberries.

Try DEET.

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thought that I'd already responded to this one Jim. Excellent series. Looks like you have found a very productive shooting ground. 8)

13. Your bird shots are great, Jim, but I am mesmerized by shot #1!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

14. Jim you have done it again. I too really like #1 with that beautiful light. You can have those mosquitoes. We were lucky on our recent trip to Florida we did not see one!! I think the tropical storm may have helped us.