SUMMER Backpack, any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Igor, May 17, 2007.

1. Igor

Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    It's getting hot and hard to carry my regular black Lowepro backpack.
    I'm thinking about some summer alternative, light grey or white in color, with some ventilation between the pack and my back, maybe some other nice things... Any suggestions?

2. Its not light grey or white in color but the design of the back of the Kata R102 and R103 allows a little air between your back and the bag to help keep cool. I've used it in the hottest Florida weather and I think its very comfortable.

They also came out with two new smaller bags recently.

A request for a bag suggestion is probably the most common request here. I just wish there was a way to create a database here with all our bag reviews or a sticky or something that has ALL our bag postings and reviews.

3. Igor

Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    Thanks a lot Fred, could you post a link to mfr site or retail store please?

4. The post above this one has the link to Kata's site. Here is another link to B&H's selection of Kata backpacks.

Here is a great review of the Kata R102. I forgot that while the backpack is dark in color it does have a reversible cover. One side to keep out water the other to keep the contents cooler.

Here is a review of the R103. The only difference is the R103 has a pocket for a laptop.

5. Igor

Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    Thanks a lot guys! will check these linhs.