1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Summer Green Gold

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Nacho, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Hi Folks:

First time I post in this section of NikonCafe! This is a shoot from a day ago, taken in Colonial Williamsburg. Nothing fancy in terms of subject, but I thought the lens did a relatively good job for what it is: 70-300mm 4-5.6G at the long end - usually the softest (now about 4 years old). I have not done much post-processing to it, but love the colors. I had the camera on a monopod, and the wind was blowing softly.

[​IMG]

EXIF: Nikon D300, ISO 200, 300mm, 1/100, f/5.6, Aperture Priority Mode, Cloudy WB

Tweaked slightly in Capture NX2.

Thanks for looking and any thoughts,

gassho,

Nacho :smile:

2. Hey Nacho buddy! Nice shade of green, my color...
    sal

3. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Thanks Sal! I was caught by the green and yellow here also. The background came out better than I expected. I have to sit down and process quite a few shots from my drive across the country. Will try to get some more going as soon as I can.

Oh, about the 12, perhaps 6-9am? There is also a rally/protest/march downtown that I want to go capture!

Best,

Nacho

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.