1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Summer Images

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jadlh, Aug 14, 2009.

1. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    As the beach is within walking distance from home, I like to hike with my camera and take snaps of summer doings at the Lake. You are viewing Lake Michigans widest area, it's 80 miles across to Wisconsin. There are so many times when I feel sorry for those west of us who never see some of the beautiful sundowns on the Lake.

Image005copy-1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some people don't realize that the Lake warms up this time of year to the 70's, I went swimming a couple of days ago and the water temp. was 74F, quite comfortable.

Image012-1.jpg

There are many things to do at the beach, of course boating, but there are some more obscure sports.

Image041copy.jpg

You can even watch the freighters enter the channel to deliver coal or cement as well as shipping of salt.

Image087.jpg

Still, at the beach one of my favorites is trying to capture a sundown.

Image047.jpg

2. StinkyD

StinkyD

Nov 29, 2008
    Utah
    Great series. I particularly like 2 and 4. You might want to number the pictures, it just makes it a little easier for people who would like to comment on a particular shot.

3. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Beautiful set! Love the last 1 best!

4. 4 & 5 are just great! Nice beach series!

5. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nice series, but the last image to me stands out!

6. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Oh wow, all of these are spectacular but the last one is a jaw dropper! Great series. :smile:

7. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip on numbering.

8. rexv

rexv

Jun 19, 2007
    Amarillo, TX
    All really nice photos! I like the sunset silhouette of the umbrellas (1), but the one of the freighter feels like it's bearing down on me. Nice use of reflections, too.

9. Preston

Preston

May 2, 2005
    Reno, NV
    Very nice series. I like them alot.

10. Ryan Bradford

Ryan Bradford

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester
    2nd and last are the best imo great job!

11. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Lake Michigan has some of the most beautiful scenery, and the sunsets are spectacular. This was a great series. I especially like the first photograph and the one of the freighter...!

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A wondeful series of images. Congrats !

13. Wow, I can't pick a favorite, they all kind of give me chills. I absolutley love Michigan.
    Thanks for sharing.

14. P.S....maybe they feel sorry for you because you are missing the sun rise over the lake :}

15. Midpack

Midpack

Jun 8, 2009
    Chicagoland
    All great pics, especially the last two. I live near Lake Michigan too, was up in Saugatuck yesterday, and it can be a great subject.

16. photobrad

photobrad

Oct 1, 2008
    Florida
    My favs too

17. Nice shots.... #5 is my favorite. The color on that one is just great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.