Summer Images

As the beach is within walking distance from home, I like to hike with my camera and take snaps of summer doings at the Lake. You are viewing Lake Michigans widest area, it's 80 miles across to Wisconsin. There are so many times when I feel sorry for those west of us who never see some of the beautiful sundowns on the Lake.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some people don't realize that the Lake warms up this time of year to the 70's, I went swimming a couple of days ago and the water temp. was 74F, quite comfortable.

There are many things to do at the beach, of course boating, but there are some more obscure sports.

You can even watch the freighters enter the channel to deliver coal or cement as well as shipping of salt.

Still, at the beach one of my favorites is trying to capture a sundown.

Great series. I particularly like 2 and 4. You might want to number the pictures, it just makes it a little easier for people who would like to comment on a particular shot.

All really nice photos! I like the sunset silhouette of the umbrellas (1), but the one of the freighter feels like it's bearing down on me. Nice use of reflections, too.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Lake Michigan has some of the most beautiful scenery, and the sunsets are spectacular. This was a great series. I especially like the first photograph and the one of the freighter...!

All great pics, especially the last two. I live near Lake Michigan too, was up in Saugatuck yesterday, and it can be a great subject.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom