1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Summer photos with my F4

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by aspiringphotos, Sep 28, 2008.

1. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    Here are a few I shot this summer with my F4. Mostly with 100 ISO Fujifilm. Actually, I'm not sure whether I shot the last one or my husband did....he might have gotten that one because we were taking turns blowing the bubbles.

2697513466_a0db3dc61e_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 258780

View attachment 258781

View attachment 258782

I still enjoy film but I've been learning our new DSLR lately. I like it for shooting macros, but I like the F4 for shooting the kids and general photography. The shots look grainy on the screen, but they look really good printed. I notice that a lot with my film shots.

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Nice first post Kelly, welcome to the film forum. The colours and details in img3 are very good indeed.

Like you I enjoy shooting film and digital, they both have their advantages and uses.

3. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    Thanks. The third one is nicely detailed compared to the others, but they all print out so much better than they look on screen. I think print film is just that way. Some day I'd love to get a scanner.

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    How did you scan these if you don't have a scanner Kelly?

Like you have always thought that film images look better on paper (or indeed 'on' the original slide) than they do on a computer screen.

I shoot mostly slide film and allthough I do have a cheap Canon flatbed scanner prefer to get my lab to do the scans because of the great quality they can get from my images.

5. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    Robert, believe it or not I have my film scanned at Walmart. They scan at 300 dpi for a 4x6 and I think out of all the places I've taken my film, they do the best job. Even if I crop in a little bit the print still looks good. I would like to someday get the Coolscan V ED so I can scan my slides (I usually shoot negative film). For slides there is a full service professional lab I use called Process One in Overland Park, Kansas. They do a great job, too, but for negatives Walmart is very cost effective and I'm relatively happy (wish I could get 300 dpi for 8x10 though -- they don't do that).

I just realized you are in the UK so you probably won't use Process One or Wallmart. If I didn't have these labs available I'd probably have to save up for a scanner.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.