1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Summer Storm

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Koran, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Koran

Koran

Feb 9, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    I did my best to capture some good lightning shots. I am still learning alot but still need skills for sharper captures and I am working to learn PSE 7. C&C encouraged.
    All were taken with my D80 & 18-200VR.

609114318_WeeeJ-M.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

[​IMG]

2. RWC32

RWC32

Nov 23, 2007
    Chicagoland Area
    Way to go !
    I have yet to capture these images but I plan to

Keep up the good work!

3. Great job amd great shots. My one comment would be to try a wider focal length next time to get more of the bolt.

4. Koran

Koran

Feb 9, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Thanks for the comments. I was so happy just to get something, my technical thinking went out the window. LOL If I ever get the opportunity like I had this night I will be calmer and put my thinking cap on.

I had about 45 minutes of the most fantastic light show before any rain came down. The sky was amazing! We have been having lots of storms lately but one minute its a show, by the time the tripod is in place so are the drops so I run for cover!

5. Great captures! Like the color in the first shot.

6. sbruno

sbruno

Jul 20, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    These are pretty cool shots, and better than any bolts I've captured. Were you using a tripod? I'd try that with a nice long exposure and wider angle, as the OP said.

Steve

7. Koran

Koran

Feb 9, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Yes I used a tripod but not a very stable one. I need to make the investment but I used a basic cheap one. Most of my blur was that I didnt have a release cable and had to manually push and hold the button for every shot. They looked so clear on the screen but then I looked on the computer and blur. I was using the bulb feature and still cant figure out how to set it up so it does this, to set it up for 10 sec, 20, 30...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.