1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Summer Time Snaps in NYC (broadband)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Aug 25, 2008.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    NYC is such a target rich area for street photography. Here are some recent snaps taken in Times Square and Central Park with my nikon D200.

Welcome to America - nikkor 70-200. (click for larger image)
    [​IMG]

Turistas in Times Square - nikkor 12-24
    [​IMG]

Peace
    - nikkor 70-200
    [​IMG]

NYPD PCT 13 - nikkor 70-200
    [​IMG]

Bethesda Terrace Street Dance - nikkor 70-200, 2 row 12 image panorama. (click for larger image)
    [​IMG]

Sunday at the Naumburg Bandshell - nikkor 70-200 (click for larger image)
    [​IMG]

BAM ! - nikkor 12-24 (gif sequence of 20 frames)
    [​IMG]

2. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    great range of shots Robert, as usual

love the black and white, I am so into that look these days in the city..can you tell ? :wink:

love the Bethesda shot
    and the grain look in #2

3. Love the black and white turistas shot......agree with Frank, the grain is spectacular. Did you add it in post or shoot really high ISO?

The shot of the officer...........the medic in me is itching to grab a 16g IV and stuff it in there....man those are some PIPES! :biggrin: :tongue:

And the GIF is great, your creativity just does not have an off switch does it? :tongue:

4. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Thanks Frank for the kind comments. I wasnt that active with this hobby this past summer so it was good to get out on the streets. Seems like the summer just sailed on by. Looking forward to the autumn colors :) 

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Gretchen,

Thank you as always for taking the time to leave such kind words. The grain you are seeing was added in CS3. I tend to add such effects in many of my boring compositions :) 

The gif shot was a lot of fun. Silly me didnt ask permission and he didnt see me until the very end. In other words, he almost BAMMED me :) 

6. Great shots Robert. The detail and clarity you get in your panoramas is just amazing ! I need to come back to NYC.

Is it me or does the Policeman's hat look too big for him. :biggrin:

Ronnie

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Ronnie,

I too enjoy the resolution that comes with a multi-image panorama. Megapixels do matter :) 

Hard to believe the summer is coming to an end. I was very lazy with this hobby of ours.

And yes, the big apple is awaiting your return :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.