Summer treat!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pa, Aug 1, 2005.

1. They're ripe!

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Pa, I like mine sliced and cool, with mayo, salt, and pepper. :lol:

Hunger inducing shot. 8)

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Leigh is planning on canning some tomatos tomorrow Pa.

Our garden is busting at the seams with veggies. Yummy.

Cheers,

4. These are actually the little cherry tomatoes. Just pop 'em in your mouth like plums!

Patrick, I envy you. I grew up in Alabama, and my Dad was an avid gardener. The deer on our mountain here in Virginia are so ravenous that we can't have a garden. We grow a few tomatoes in pots on the deck.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Now Frank, we are going to fight....Not enough tomatoes for us both... Like mine just the same way.

I knew I liked you for a reason. lolol

Pa,
    Those look absolutely marvelous. If they disappear off the screen and the next viewer can't see them. Frank and I stole them Darn, all I got was the little one. (green one) Frank gimmy a tomato

Great image Pa

thanks for sharing.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'm with Frank...Hunger inducing shot! My problem is my garden is producing at warp speed....I don't have time to shoot pictures of it....gotta pick-pick-pick!!! First I had tons of squash and zuchinni. Then it was cucumbers and squash. Now it's tomatoes, cucumbers and okra! So you can imagine my dilema.

If you'll PM me your address I'll send you a jar of home canned tomatoes as soon as I have them done and have time to get it sent out! Cheers to you.

7. Leigh, I greatly appreciate your generous offer, but I am aware of the labor involved - you need to enjoy the fruits of those labors!

As a boy growing up in South Alabama in the late 40's and early 50's, I spent many a hot summer day working in the family garden. I fondly remember the wonderful food, but the work is not remembered so fondly!

Enjoy!

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Leigh,

Those squash that you gave Janie and I made the best casserole that I've ever had. I'll be glad to take any leftover veggies that you have. 8)

9. Well they do look yummy Pa. You have presented them very well.