Summer?

I have just come back from a trip to Mana Pools in Zimbabwe. It was an extraordinary park, everything I imagined and more. But sadly the drought that they have endured has taken its toll on the environment and the animals. There were elephant carcasses everywhere, both young and old. It was a very sad sight to see. We even got to witness seeing a young orphaned elephant on the brink of death. When we passed by later to check on it, he had already passed away. His mother had maybe passed away or he could not keep up with her. It was a trip with many mixed emotions and I will definitely return someday when the park is back to its natural state. The good news is that a couple of days ago they had their first rainfall so hopefully the trees and plants will recover and provide the much needed food for all the animals. They have been bringing in bails of hay for the animals to help keep as many as possible alive. It definitely helped although there is still the argument of whether we should interfere or let nature take its course. Very difficult to see animals suffering and not do anything about it especially when man has created the fenced in parks which does not allow animals the opportunity to venture further and look for food.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The first photo is stunning!

It's sad to learn of elephants dying due to lack of water. However, that is part of nature's course and is better than the elephants being hunted. The elephant herd at South Africa's Madikwe Game Reserve is already too large to be properly supported naturally and the herd continues to grow.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom