Summicron 90mm for Leica

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Removed User 2, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Guys, since I'm selling a leica lens in the Nikon Cafe, I thought I'd let you know... Here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah. The 90mm frame is a little tiny rectangle in the middle of the m4p's viewfinder - it's work much better on something with higher magnification.. Kinda reminds me of the focus area on a dslr... :Wink:

What are you looking at, 35 Nokton? Cause you have a 50 and 21...

Hey, somebody will enjoy that 90!

3. Chris,

The 90mm is easy to use on a M4-P (don't mix the 90mm lines with the 135mm lines) and a real charm on a M3!

I'm looking at a 75mm f1.4 that I believe will suit my style perfectly.

I will also be selling a 21mm CV lens, 45mm P Nikkor, 400mm AIS f3.5 + TC-201 and maybe my 5cm f1.5 summarit and maybe-maybe my 105 f2.0 DC.

4. Ned, just with my limited use of the Heliar 75mm I think it's a great focal length and I'm glad I picked it up. That 21 mm CV sounds mighty tempting!

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Uh oh.

I mean, don't tell me that. I have a problem y'see. I've had a 35mm for M645 (same thing), Sigma 21-35 for Canon A-1, 75mm for 4x5, 21mm (f/2!) for OM, 12-24DX for 14mm digital and 20mm for Nikon. That kinda runs through all the cameras I have or have had. Now you KNOW what this does.

I really, really want to make it through the summer with one camera, lens and film. So hold that one til last, K? I mean I can get the money earlier, some how... I'm a chemist - I could start a meth lab! Or maybe baby brokering in a third world country. Yeah, that's the ticket! I man I gotta have it. It'll be my last lens. I swear, just one more lens, then I'm going into LLD treatment. But I need just to get this one more! ANYTHING MAN!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT? ANYTHING! I'LL GIVE YOU ANYTHING!!!

Oops. Did I say that out loud? I mean, "Cool."

6. trying to copy your style:biggrin:...shooting the 75 thru a rolled up truck window...

7. Ray, CV are making incredibly fine lenses!
    I own the 21mm CV and the 21mm super angulon Leica. The Leica shows heavy falloff and intrudes more into the camera which can be a source of problems while the 21CV is tiny and as sharp.

In all honesty, the Leica is viewed as a classic Leica and a collectable but I don't get it. Any Nikkor or Sigma with such IQ would be destroyed on the public place. Of course it has character but I'm not sure that's what the engineers had in mind.

This being said, I'll keep the Leica because I'm a victim and a loser when it comes to lenses, but I can safely say the CV21 is as sharp with less falloff. Truly a stellar lens.

8. Rodney, I remember that shot! :biggrin:

Chris, meth lab you say? :wink:

9. :eek:Good idea Chris. They're just putting the finishing touchs on a new home down the street from me - Right on the foundations of the previous home which was a meth lab that suffered from a catastrophic explosion that completely obliterated the house!

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Heh. I wondered about posting that....

I was totally kidding Ray. I feel that methylamphetamine use is a bigger social problem than either heroin or crack cocaine. It has destroyed lives that are very close to me. I don't in any way condone 'meth labs' or especially meth use!!! It was a comedic device in the 'lens addict' bit.