Sun and Sunspot

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by cdnpilot, Jul 15, 2017.

1. I was out working on getting my settings down for the 21st today and took this. Now, not an amazing photo but it clearly shows the sunspot that has been in the news lately (or a really big piece of dirt on my sensor :eek:). This was taken with my D5, f/10, ISO 200 and SS (I forget - maybe 1/800). And of course, a solar filter over the lens.

sun2.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cool shot.
    What lens did you use and what did you do to your D300 to modify it for astro?

3. Nice shot, ya that is one big sunspot. there was a major class "M" flare a day ago from this area. so we will be hit with a CME either today or tonight. So. Look for aurora!...

cheers,
    alexis and Georgie Beagle

4. this was taken with my D5 and 70-200 at 200mm. The D300, there was a filter removed (forget which one) but I tend to use my D500 more now than it.

Thanks! Yeah if we could just get rid of some of those clouds in Northern Illinois we might get a chance to see it - tonight is looking good!