Sun Rays in the Western Sky

On my way to a lacrosse game this past Friday evening I saw these sun rays poking through the clouds over a farm field. I liked the look so I decided to shoot a few frames and see how they turn out.

The farm field was underexposed in this shot, and so I ran it through Dynamic HDR first to recover the shadows as well as provide some pop. I then did some final adjustment, filters, and NR in Capture NX2.

Photo taken with D300 and Nikon 70-200 VR. SS 1/200 at f9.

Thanks for viewing. :smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i like the shot i just wish dynamic HDR didnt blow out the highlights piercing through the clouds initially, wish they were just a tad bit darker.

Remember going to church as kids and on the bible or the "song book" it always had pictures similar to this (not as good though). My sisters and I would always say "there's god!" whenever we saw sun rays bc of it. Good shot or maybe I meant God shot!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i like the shot i just wish dynamic HDR didnt blow out the highlights piercing through the clouds initially, wish they were just a tad bit darker.
Shawn, I agree. Thanks for commenting.

Remember going to church as kids and on the bible or the "song book" it always had pictures similar to this (not as good though). My sisters and I would always say "there's god!" whenever we saw sun rays bc of it. Good shot or maybe I meant God shot!
I have those same memories from my childhood. Thanks for commenting!

A great way to make some of that flat farm land beautiful, nice catch.
We sure could use some more sunshine this spring, it's been a cold one on our side of the pond as well as yours. Hopefully we get more of a taste of summer soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A great way to make some of that flat farm land beautiful, nice catch.
We sure could use some more sunshine this spring, it's been a cold one on our side of the pond as well as yours. Hopefully we get more of a taste of summer soon.
Jadlh, thanks for commenting. The farm land does start to roll as you move north and west of Madison.

You are right on regarding the weather, but good news is on the way. We finally broke 80 degrees today, so I suspect you may have this in your neighborhood tomorrow. Now if it will stay for more than one day. :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom