1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sun Rays in the Western Sky

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by KFSullivan, May 9, 2011.

1. On my way to a lacrosse game this past Friday evening I saw these sun rays poking through the clouds over a farm field. I liked the look so I decided to shoot a few frames and see how they turn out.

The farm field was underexposed in this shot, and so I ran it through Dynamic HDR first to recover the shadows as well as provide some pop. I then did some final adjustment, filters, and NR in Capture NX2.

Photo taken with D300 and Nikon 70-200 VR. SS 1/200 at f9.

Thanks for viewing. :smile:

_DSC1973DeNoise.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Pete, I like the pop!

3. Thanks, Kris. Great photos on you Flickr account!

4. nextelbuddy

nextelbuddy

Jul 15, 2010
    atlanta
    i like the shot i just wish dynamic HDR didnt blow out the highlights piercing through the clouds initially, wish they were just a tad bit darker.

5. sektor 11

sektor 11

Oct 12, 2010
    cincinnati
    Remember going to church as kids and on the bible or the "song book" it always had pictures similar to this (not as good though). My sisters and I would always say "there's god!" whenever we saw sun rays bc of it. Good shot or maybe I meant God shot!

6. Shawn, I agree. Thanks for commenting.

I have those same memories from my childhood. Thanks for commenting!

7. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    A great way to make some of that flat farm land beautiful, nice catch.
    We sure could use some more sunshine this spring, it's been a cold one on our side of the pond as well as yours. Hopefully we get more of a taste of summer soon.

8. Jadlh, thanks for commenting. The farm land does start to roll as you move north and west of Madison.

You are right on regarding the weather, but good news is on the way. We finally broke 80 degrees today, so I suspect you may have this in your neighborhood tomorrow. Now if it will stay for more than one day. :smile:

9. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Heck Of A Shot Pete!

10. KDann

KDann

Mar 11, 2008
    Texas
    Love the colors in this one! :smile:

11. Thanks, Steve. Glad you like it.

I appreciate the comment, Kenny.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.