1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sunday Drive

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by N_Addy, Aug 17, 2009.

1. N_Addy

N_Addy

Dec 16, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Just a lazy Friday morning in the town of West, Texas (the "Kolache Capital of Texas").

I would have called it "Friday Drive" but it just didn't quite have the same ring. :biggrin:

620140411_6pjNA-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Nice shot. I like the PP but would have made it more contrasty.
    Also the sepia look is used for old photographs. On this one the effect gets broken with the modern road divider paint and the light fixture on the right. Therefore I would have made it B&W instead. Of course you could try to clone out the lines and get rid of the light, leave just the pole. If you do it right, then it will look much better as the sepia look will work.

Here's my take on it: (including a slight crop)
    [​IMG]

3. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Well, maybe in Texas they got first the electric light and then the photography?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Very nice picture, I like it!

PS: the "road divider paint" was of course done by a city counsel that could look in the future.

4. Nice shot.... good call on the sepia tone. Works great with it.

5. Goop

Goop

Jan 15, 2009
    Richmond, Va
    Nice shot, love the antique look.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.