1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sunday morning walk through Deventer

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Los Azules, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Arthur,

I don't know for what reason but all of your pictures have a green cast. I don't know if that is intentional but for me this green cast does not contribute to the pictures in a positive way. Is there any expert on this forum that can tell what the reason can be of this green cast? Also the sky is blown in most of the pictures. The compositions are nice. Please don't see this as negative critique, i only want to give a honest opinion.

Gert-Jan

2. Hi Gert-Jan,

Thanks for the comment ,but in captureNX the green cast don't show up.

3. I can see this green cast very good in the sky of the first picture. I would like to see the opinion of others too. After all it could just be me :smile:

Gert-Jan

4. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

I have to agree with Gert - in picture #1 there is a greenish cast in the clouds. In the other photos I can't tell. I do think that in #2 and the last photo, your sky is blown.

Regardless, I do like the subject matter, and I think you've managed to capture the essence of a variety of architectural details!!

5. Thanks Gert-Jan and Lyndee for the C&C

6. Gert-Jan,Lyndee

The green cast is showing on the pictures with a high lighted sky and a underexposed forground ,what i did was applying a provia action in CS2 and that caused the green cast.Once again thank you so much for the C&C.

7. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri

I'm a little confused. Your first reply makes it seem as if you are unsure of where the green cast is coming from since it doesn't show up in NX...the second post seems like you applied the green cast intentionally.

Anyway, if the green cast doesn't show up like that in NX (but it's really there) then your monitor calibration is probably off. One way around this that I have found is to do a simple levels adjustment for each color channel. Bringing the levels all within the correct range will fix the problem on the actual photo, even if it doesn't look quite right on your screen.

Regarding composition, I think everything looks nice (just those blown out skies in 1 and 2 as mentioned). Doing a simple level adjustment and curves adjustment will improve these a ton I think. Even in the ones without the green cast (numbers 4 and 5 specifically) seem to have a slight haze to them which would also be fixed by the level/curve adjustment.

Regardless of my critique I think you did a good job with what you did.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that you didn't even ask for critique in your first post so if that's truly the case then my apologies.

8. I did not ask for it but i do appreciate you comments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.