Sunday Race Day - Ottawa Race Weekend

Sure, Chris. I started out by posting pictures actually but didn't get any comments so I got gun-shy. Here are a few from that day. Cheers, Cat

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Don't Ever Be Gun Shy Here Cat! Your Work Deserves To Be Seen!:wink::smile:
Love The PJ Style & Processing Along With The Creative Aspect Displayed! Tough Shooting Conditions Can Come Through Looking Even Better Than Ideal Light & Weather Situations As You've Proven! Nice Style,Documentary & Set Cat!:smile:

Cat,

I am a runner and follow big racing events around the world. Is this the 10K race or the marathon? I suspect it is the marathon since many runners in the photos were tired and were walking.

I like the shot with the disposed cups. The color was vibrant, and you framed it tightly to give the impression there could be many more cups in the pile.

I assume this is close to the end of the race. The runners were struggling. All of your action photos were wide angle shots. You might want to zoom in to a particular runner to show their facial expression. This will get you some variety. How about a shot of "agony of defeat"?

I guess you got to the event late. As a runner, I always enjoy seeing shots of the leaders. They would be flying by fast running with long strides. This will provide good contrast to the slower runners in your shots.

Right on all counts, mke! I actually just left my house that morning and the race was coming up my street. It wasn't something I had planned to document, and it was definitely a refuelling station near the end of the race. I tried for a few close-ups but didn't think they were anything special.

I really appreciate your advice, and next time, I'll do some research and make sure I'm at the right place at the right time. Thanks very much for your comments. To answer your question, I believe it was a full marathon. There were a few different start times for different events. More information here.

Don't Ever Be Gun Shy Here Cat! Your Work Deserves To Be Seen!:wink::smile:
Love The PJ Style & Processing Along With The Creative Aspect Displayed! Tough Shooting Conditions Can Come Through Looking Even Better Than Ideal Light & Weather Situations As You've Proven! Nice Style,Documentary & Set Cat!:smile:
Thanks Steve! You are very encouraging and diplomatic! Means a lot to me. I actually thought the rain would make the colours pop but I really struggled with the right angles. Didn't want to step onto the race course!

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom