Sunday Shots At The Plum Island

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Sep 19, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    These are all from Sunday Morning. It was really foggy at times along with a cloud deck which was sometimes broken, so the lighting changed a whole lot within minutes at times....

A few foggy shots...

original.
    original.

A few Ring-Billed Gull shots:

original.
    original.

A Few Black-Bellied Plover (juvenille) shots:
    original.
    original.

And Finally some Yellow Legs:

original.
    original.

Attached Files:

2. Absolutely gorgeous shots Jim, from the subtle colors at the first to the burst of color at the last. Beautiful. I don't know how you keep doing this series after series. My compliments.

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

very nice especially that last one, bam with those colors !!

4. Superb as usual, Jim. Beautiful colors on the last one!

5. Jim you just keep posting one fantastic series after another. You have me worn out just thinking about all your early outings. Love them all but the last four are killer shots.

6. Jim, once again fantastic images. It seems that your 500+1.4x is on fire working overtime...
    One observation, looking at your Exif data I saw that all shots were taken from 19-22 in the night :eek: maybe you should tweek that D2x clock a bit... :biggrin:
    :cool:

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Folks...

The fact that I live 20 minutes away from the ocean and one of the top 10 birding spots in the US sure helps me to get some nice shots :)

Panos..I will certainly take a look at the clock settings, cause I promise you that these weren't shot in the dark!

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    More very nice shots Jim. I too have developed the habit of up early and out to shoot. I just love the dawn breaking over an open setting, with birds just awakening and waiting to be captured. It's relaxing just to think about it. :wink:

9. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Frank...

You mean you're getting up at 9:00 these days?

By the way...I loved the series with the big shad and the GBH. I think that there must have been some pelican genes in there somewhere!

10. Great stuff as usual the last oen stand out amongst them all love the color the marshes gets in the fall

11. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Mike...

In the next two weeks, the entire marsh will turn fire engine red and then a deep maroon color. It literally changes daily and then all of a sudden overnight it will turn brown.

I plan to get plenty of shooting in during the pretty phase!

12. Great I look forward to it...keep them coming

13. Very impressive series of pics.

Especially the last one - wow, what a splash of colors.

Thanks for sharing.

14. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great series, Jim!! The color in that last shot is amazing! Look forward to seeing more shots taken during this pretty phase!