Sunday walk...

Yesterday was one of the first beautiful and sunny sundays here in Germany and we went for a walk in the neighborhood. The water castle "Haus Welbergen" lies in a small forest, it is owned by a foundation and used for meetings. I recently started to shoot RAW instead of Jpegs and use Raw shooter, i just start to get used toall the knobs i can turn :)
Hope you like it.
Andreas

672846076adf5dfe2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think iot looks great
Appears the high sharpening makes this image pop. (works great on somethings)
I like it.

Thanks for the remarks! I still learn to use Raw Shooter, here I used fill light, changed white balance, saturation and exposure compensation for this pic. The contrast really is too low, I have to change that.
Sharpening is a bit complicated, because too much creates moire, not enough makes the picture boring and - of course - unsharp :biggrin: Don't know how to deal with the moire effect in the bricks...

There is actually more to this image than initally meets the eye. Congrats, very nicely done !!!

Regards

RFC

Thanks to you all! Since i'm a Raw newbie and the first pic "suffered" a bit from my enthusiastic and quite uncorntrolled processing :rolleyes: , here is a less "wild" and more realistic version of the picture, just with these modifications:
Raw Shooter Essentials: Fill Light +10
Irfan view: Sharpen +10, Contrast +20, Fine Rotation -0,3

Andreas

67284608122a08155.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Andreas, I like the first one better - all it needs is a bit more contrast and it'll be really good, IMHO of course and I'm no expert! ;-) The last one is nice too, but I find the foreground a bit dark. Wonderful subject and I love the way the blue sky goes to the brown castle and then to the green grass! The fact that the trees in the background don't have any leaves just adds to the mood and would only be distracting if they did.

Latest threads

Top Bottom