Sunderland Airshow

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by AndyPeacock, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Hi all, here are a few from Sunderland Airshow in the UK, taken a few weekends ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking

Andy

2. Nice capture on the Chinook Andy, that pilot was really throwing that thing around the sky. Would love to be able to showcase some of mine, unfortunately i didn't take any as my D200 didn't arrive until last weekend :(, still enjoyed our Sunday afternoon there, although a tad disappointed that the Spitty from the Memorial flight wasn't able to fly, still, there's always next year :smile:

3. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Andy,

Nice shots -- I really like #3 & #4.

4. Nice shots of the Chinook. The phot of the Red Arrows' formation is quite nice too!

5. Great captures! Very sharp & clear. What lens?

6. RyanM

RyanM Guest

#2 is a really sweet shot

7. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Excellent shots and tack sharp. Wish I was there!

8. Great series Andy! Number 1 is my favorite. Thanks for sharing....

9. Nice work, we don't get many Chinooks flying at airshows here in the states.

I like the timing on the cross over. It always seems that when we nail the timing, we have been tracking the aircraft that passes on the far side, eh.
    JOhn

10. Probably because the tendency is to track from left to right rather than the other way around.

11. 1-3 300mm AF-S with TC-14E
    4-5 70-200mm AF-S with TC-14E
    6-7 300mm AF-S

Andy

12. I cheated! Set the camera to high speed, start tracking hold down the button as it rattles away and hope it got one at the right moment. It wasn't till I got home i realised that the aircraft that starts on the left always goes behind!

Andy

13. I track from right to left. Right eye through lens, left eye looking for the other plane.

14. robjencampbell

robjencampbell

Aug 2, 2007
    Michigan
    awesome pictures

15. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Good Chin shots! A capture I would like to have!

Wade

16. Ming

Ming Guest

Did you have the Camera on a Tripod for the "WOKKA WOKKA" In 1 and 2? Real steady work whatever you used! I decided not to go this year i live nearby in Carlisle, so guess what it stayed fine, Typical!
    Cheers Jules.

17. Stephen Fox

Stephen Fox Guest

Nice, very nice.

As an aviation photographer myself I am impressed.

<Constructive> I think if you convert to SRGB profile for display on the web, the red in the red arrows will become deeper and less orange. Formation pic seems the most 'orange' whilst syncro pair looks okay.

Hope this helps.

18. Nope, it was on a monopod for some of the shots though. I think I got lucky, I had lots of soft shots, and only a few came out as sharp as these two.

Andy

19. Ming

Ming Guest

Really need to try the Monopod again, i usually end up in a mess and all over the place culminating in me throwing it to the ground in disgust! My Girlfriend thinks it's hilarious!:confused::confused:
    Anyway great shots. I seem to run a simlar set up to you but what i really want is a 300F4 AFSVR/80-400 AFSVR, until then i need to find ways of keeping that 300 with the 1.4 Converotr still!

20. I was all over the place too! I am just pleased I managed to get a couple of nice shots from the chinook display. I took a big gamble (for me anyway) shooting at 1/250sec at 420mm and luckly these shots came out well. Either I was very lucky or perhaps I'm developing a steadier hand at last :biggrin:

What I really want is a 300m f/2.8 VR or a 200-400mm f/4 VR, unfortunately I think I'll be saving for a loooooooong time.

Andy