Sundial Bridge in Redding ( 4 images )

Lar

Hello Everyone.

This year old foot bridge in Redding Calif. was a great find for our adventurous spirit while on vacation last week. Anyone been there?

49707045.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

49707073.jpg

49707087.jpg

The support for the cable anchores under the stucture were very beefy
49707178.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to Redding, but not since they built the bridge.

I read an article on the bridge in Sunset magazine and it's interesting how supportive the community supposedly was to such a comparatively avant garde design in a small town. Or so the article alleged. However, I must say, your images Lar are more creative and interesting than the ones in the magazine.

Neil

Lar

greyflash said:
Wow, some engineer/architect got free reign with the $$$ and the creativity. What a futuristic bridge and nice capture for you.
Yes,I agree Gordon. It's interesting how some things will help bring a unified spirit into a commmunity.

Lar

NeilCam said:
I've been to Redding, but not since they built the bridge.

I read an article on the bridge in Sunset magazine and it's interesting how supportive the community supposedly was to such a comparatively avant garde design in a small town. Or so the article alleged. However, I must say, your images Lar are more creative and interesting than the ones in the magazine.

Neil
Thank's Neil. I wanted to stay aroud untill dusk, but we had to get going. The local's there say it's lights are fantastic.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
OK Lar,

thanks a lot, :) now I have to go to California! Wow, what a photo spot, as a bridge fanatic, I have this on my must see list.

Great shots,

Wade

Lar

Commodorefirst said:
OK Lar,

thanks a lot, :) now I have to go to California! Wow, what a photo spot, as a bridge fanatic, I have this on my must see list.

Great shots,

Wade
Thanks Wade.
There are alot of differnt kinds of bird life as well.

Very nice images of a very neat looking bridge. Reminds me of Star Trek The Next Generation insignia.

I know I can be somewhat geeky :)

Regards

RFC

Latest threads

Top Bottom