1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sunflower

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I encounter these everyday on my way into work. It's always a different one making a scene.

[​IMG]

2. Very nice. I have to say that I don't think I have ever seen a sunflower picture in B&W. Seems to go against the whole point of taking a sunflower picture! But, you pulled it off nicely.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Anthony!

4. Yup, it's definitely a good shot!

5. Usually the eye is drawn to the yellow petals, but now I see the detail in the seeds that much more.

6. ..and as i scroll down to see the 'subject', i'm already enthused with the upper reaches where the diagonals are forming, and unforming with grain, the soft edges i like so much build up the overall frame and the bright petals have equal 'status' with the stem and leaves..

7. Boy am I disappointed! The page is down and all I see is a vertical bar (FireFox). I will check back later.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Sorry Greg. Dot Mac is temporarily down. This is the first time I have experienced this. It's back!

Rodney, I like the geometry of the background too. The gardener just asked me to do a series of scientific shots of the flowers and other plants in this garden. I found out it's for experimental seeds.

Thanks Sean. I was walking by these flowers the other day, and a coworker wanted to be able to illustrate the intersecting spirals formed by the seeds. I haven't done that yet, cause I never have my macro camera when the light is right. I'll have to make a special trip for that one of these days.

Thanks Ned!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.