Sunflowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by gmaker1, Sep 18, 2005.

1. My wife and I were debating the merrits of these shots: What is your opinion?

1. 49445734.

2. 49445737.

3. 49445739.

4. 49445741.

2. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Gil like #1 for the spectrum of yellow being shown, favorite is # 3 like the yellow star shapes.
    Neil

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Gil :

While the other shots are quite good, I consider No. 3 the strongest of the group. It has interesting composition and balance, a shallow DOF to bring the tips of the stamens to the fore, and it has a "flow" to the image that the others lack.

John P.

4. I think #3 and #4 are really neat. The curve in #3 really makes that image.

5. Thanks everyone. I quess that my wife was correct. She thought the third image was the best of the group. The others were good, but my mind's eye saw something different. Thanks for all the comments.

Gil

6. Gil,
    This is interesting because I was working on a very similar image. I was unable to get a satisfactory DOF to clearly distinguish all of the dew on mine so I never posted it. It is so similar tho i had to here. hope you dont mind.
    I like the abstract qualities of your third shot and the last shot reminded me of this one.
    Dave
    [​IMG]