1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sunrise at Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by greenjelly, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Ananth, excellent set! I like #2 the most.

2. lmatney

lmatney

Oct 25, 2007
    Goodyear, AZ
    Wonderful set of images Ananth. Thanks for sharing.

3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Those are wonderful!

4. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    Really like what you did with #1!!!!

5. Thanks Rob, Larry, Lyndee & Mike! :smile:
    I was a little disappointed when the sun came up behind the trees, and got caught off guard and confused. The sunrise happens so quickly, I was lucky to get a few shots in. But the real beauty of the sunrise was in witnessing it in person (doesn't happen often for a person who likes to laze around in bed until the sun is well and truly up :tongue:) .

6. fwellers

fwellers

Feb 11, 2009
    Northern VA
    Well done !
    I know the sunrise was your intended subject, yet I like the last one the best !

7. These are so pretty. Love the colors. No. 2 is my favorite.

8. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    I'll cast another vote for number 2. It is complete. I don't know any other way to say it. Way to go.

9. Kingfisher

Kingfisher

Dec 26, 2010
    Annapolis
    Very nice! That is a beautiful sunrise. #2 is the one!

10. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    They're all beautiful.

11. Thanks Floyd! The Blackwater wildlife refuge is a great place for birds, most notably the bald eagle and the great blue heron. My plan was to catch the sunrise and then some birds. As soon as the sun went up, so many birds came out. These were the first I got. (I didn't see any eagles though)

Thanks Terri, John & Kingfisher! The marshland is lined with those wooden stick kinda things. I don't know what they are meant for, but they add an interesting dimension to the photos, by incorporating them in different ways.

Thanks Art! :smile:

12. Wow, great shots all of them! #2 wins for me.

13. Wonderful set, #1 for me is the best from the set!

14. Thanks Turo & Kris!

15. Wonderful set! I really like #1, but they are all outstanding.

Fred

16. Thanks Fred! :smile:

17. Lovely set! the #3 is my favourite. love the vertical crop.

18. WOW, these are stunning! I especially like the one of the sun through the trees! Nice shootin!

19. Thanks Evan!

Thanks Diane! That red disc looked so good in real, no photo can match it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.