Sunrise at Mesa Arch

Holeee Crap! When I was out there back in either November 2003-04 I was the only one out there shooting. That is crazy with everyone packed in there like sardines. Ok, off the comment about photo #1.

The last two of the group are quite nice! The haze in those shots really works.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Holeee Crap! When I was out there back in either November 2003-04 I was the only one out there shooting. That is crazy with everyone packed in there like sardines. Ok, off the comment about photo #1.

When I was there in 98 we had it all to ourselves too, unfortunately, my slide film shots, while ok, couldn't handle the dynamic range and the old Olympus lens had almost to much flare for my OM2.

Thanks so much. The wind brought the dust to the valley so it was a plus side to the windy conditions. The flair in the first photo makes me wonder if I should sell my Tokina and get a better lens, but it works quite well when not shooting into the sun and I use the super wide angle so seldom. The sad thing is that the photo is at 27mm. I could have taken it with my 24-120 and probably had much better results. Next time I will know to use the best lens possible.

When I was there in 98 we had it all to ourselves too, unfortunately, my slide film shots, while ok, couldn't handle the dynamic range and the old Olympus lens had almost to much flare for my OM2.

The guy next to me in the photo had been there the morning before when the weather was much warmer. He said that there were about 50 photographers that day. I believe it, because we kept seeing cars heading that direction when we were at Dead Horse Point.

Thank you!! It's always fun being there with the other photographers. They actually were kind and helped me a lot!! After the winter, my landscape skills are a bit rusty.

Looks a bit too tight there with all of those photographers getting the "same" shot. I don't know, I guess it's because I prefer to shoot solo o_O

Looks a bit too tight there with all of those photographers getting the "same" shot. I don't know, I guess it's because I prefer to shoot solo o_O
I don't blame you. I usually like to shoot alone, too!! But, these really special locations are always crowded. It seems to be getting more that way all the time, too, as more people are getting into photography every day!!

Really like all of them.

How far of a walk was it from your car to the location?
Was it a smooth walkway or were there obstacles?
Thank you. My guess is it is about 1/4 mile, but there are rocks and such to navigate around. The first part had a path, but then you have the rocks to navigate and there are rock cairns to guide you there. This video will show you exactly what it is like.

Latest threads

Top Bottom